Wednesday, September 25 @ 6:00pm
- SLC Film Screening: “Gaza Fights for Freedom” | Q&A w/ Abby Martin
- University of Utah, Union Theater (a wheel chair accessible venue)
- 200 Central Campus Dr., Salt Lake City
- Tickets: $10 at https://www.facebook.com/events/1420138048140316/
You are invited to the Salt Lake City premiere of the newly released Empire Files and ANSWER Coalition documentary, “Gaza Fights for Freedom” showing at the University of Utah Union Theater. Meet the film’s creators and directors Abby Martin and Michael Prysner who will be at the premiere and available for Q/A following the screening!
Click here to watch the official movie trailer: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/gazafights
This riveting collaboration between The Empire Files and a heroic team of Palestinian videographers in Gaza features exclusive coverage of the ‘Great March of Return’ protests, and extensive evidence—with frontline footage and victim testimony—of Israeli war crimes.
Massive protests in cities across Gaza—the world’s largest open-air prison—were called under the banner of “The Great March of Return” in 2018 with the demand that Palestinian refugees be allowed to return to their lands seized in the ethnic cleansing that made way for the creation of the Israeli state.
Tens of thousands of Palestinian protesters were met with the brutality of the Israeli occupation forces. ‘Gaza Fights for Freedom’ is a glimpse into the on-going heroic struggle of the Palestinian people to survive a brutal occupation and genocide, and to return to their homeland.
This past June also marked the one year anniversary of the killing of famed Gaza medic Razan al-Najjar’s by Israeli snipers. This documentary features never-before seen interviews with Razan’s immediate family, medics who treated her, and victims shot down alongside her.
- What: Hadley Rampton, renowned Utah Artist, will feature her watercolors from her travels in the West Bank and Morrocco. She will present slide images of her travels to the West Bank, which will be followed by a very brief panel discussion with Q&A on Palestine.
- When: Join us Thursday, September 19, 2019, 6:00 pm – 8:00pm, the night before the gallery opening reception.
- Where: The Phillips Gallery, 444 East 200 South, Salt Lake City